Last updated: December 2022
Coast Consultants (a trading name of Coast Consultants Ltd) respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information we collect.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to tell you what information Coast Consultants collects from you, how and when it may be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “we” and “us” refers to Coast Consultants.
Personal Information is any personal identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, bank details or online identifier, which can directly or indirectly identify you. We refer to it as “Personal Information” here.
When do we collect information about you?
Information you give us.
You may provide Personal Information when you:
- Access Coast Consultants’ website
- Request, purchase and use a service from us
- Communicate with Coast Consultants via phone calls, chat, email, web forms, social media and other methods of communication
- Subscribe to Coast Consultants’ marketing material
- Attend our events
- Provide services to Coast Consultants
Information we collect about you via automated means.
Each time you visit our website or read a Coast Consultants’ marketing email, we may automatically collect information about you via cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Notice.
We will only send emails that you have agreed to, or as part of business communications during a project.
Information we receive from other sources
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that the Personal Information is adequately protected. The third parties may include business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, analytics, search engine providers, evaluation companies.
Social Media Platforms.
We may receive certain information that’s stored or processed by third parties, such as the social media site LinkedIn® when you interact with us through that site.
The types of data we collect
Contact information includes your name, company name, job title, telephone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Coast Consultants.
This includes information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services.
Information collected by automated means
This includes information that Coast Consultants collects through commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. Such information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in providing you with the service you have requested and it is in our legitimate interests in the course of operating our business, including:
- Providing the requested service and/or information to you
- Responding to your queries
- Transmitting Personal Information between our functions for internal administrative purposes
- Carrying out direct marketing
How we use your information
Unless otherwise stated in this document, we use your information for providing you with the Services that you have requested from us, as referenced below:
To contact you
We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you. Here are some examples of reasons why we might contact you to:
- communicate with you about your orders or the Services you use
- send you announcements about the Services
- notify you about our upcoming events
For marketing purposes
We use your Contact Information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing messages such as newsletters, announcements, or special offers or to notify you about our upcoming events.
To provide you with marketing communications is not essential for the maintenance or existence of the legal relationship we may have with you at a certain point; thus, you may opt-out from receiving such communications.
You are entitled to opt-out from receipt of marketing communication at any time and free of charge.
Your decision to opt-out from our marketing communications will not affect your ability to continue receiving the Services from us.
To provide the Services to you, we need the Required Contact Information, Transactional Information, and Billing Information to: process orders (including payments) for our Services.
To enable third parties to provide services to us, we may need to provide your Required Contact Information to third parties so that they may carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
To protect our business, we use information we collect to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and the Services, and to identify and protect our business from fraudulent transactions.
To manage our everyday business needs, such as to:
- administer and manage our business
- train our employees
- help promote compliance with our terms of service or any other agreements between us
- carry out research and development
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent
- to comply with the law
International transfers of your personal information
We will never knowingly share or store your Personal Information with third-party service providers based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
How long do we store personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. This is usually 6 years after final project completion.
We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Security and confidentiality
We employ appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons.
Information storage is on our secure servers
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure so we cannot guarantee the security of your information when it is transmitted to our website or from third-party websites, any transmission is at your own risk, however, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability if you choose to follow links to external websites and you will have to agree to such website’s privacy notice. Please ensure you agree to such policies before submitting your personal data.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third party, but we may share information with our service providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will keep your information confidential and protect it in accordance with our Privacy Notice and all applicable laws.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time by changing your preference through your account. It is important to us that you are in control of your own information. As a result, we offer the following controls:
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com or at Coast Consultants’s registered address: Coast Consultants Ltd, The Ridgeway, Saundersfoot. Pembrokeshire SA69 9JY. You will not have to pay a fee to access personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing. You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information. To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes.
- You may object to our processing as set out above. You may withdraw any consent given to processing. Where we are processing your Personal Information automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Information we hold about you be transferred to a third-party data controller. Please contact email@example.com and we will assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable data protection law.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the UK authority responsible for data protection. Contact details are available online, or alternatively please ask us on firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to contact us to exercise your rights as stated in this Privacy Notice, you may contact us at: email@example.com for assistance.
Registered Office: Coast Consultants Ltd. Coastal Breeze, The Ridgeway Saundersfoot SA69 9JY
Copyright - ©Coast Consultants 2023